Things You Will Need
- Christmas Decorations
- Christmas Garlands
- Christmas Tree Lights
- Christmas Tree Ornaments
- Christmas Music CDs
- Staple Removers
- Fishing Lines
- Staple Guns
How to Decorate Your Ceiling for the Holidays. When holiday cheer is in the air, no space is safe! Create a unique yuletide atmosphere that includes a ceiling bedecked in color and light.
- Run an extra-long string of white indoor lights along the perimeter of the room at the top of the wall where the wall and the ceiling meet.
- Secure the lights with thumbtacks or staples.
- Purchase several boxes of glass Christmas ornament balls in one color - or in an array of hues such as red, silver, gold and green.
- String clear fishing line through the ornament hooks twice, creating a durable, double-stranded attachment.
- Cut the fishing line in a variety of lengths, ranging from 4 to 12 inches long.
- Hang the ornaments from the ceiling, spacing them equally. Secure the fishing wire to the ceiling with pushpin tacks or a staple gun.
- Attach another strand of fishing wire to a crystalline star, miniature disco ball, or Santa ornament. Hang the ornament in the center of the room and slightly lower than the lowest grouping of glass balls.
- Pin or staple small sprigs of holly and/or mistletoe to each corner of the room at the point where the walls and ceiling meet.
Be careful when tacking or stapling into walls and ceiling. Some stucco-type ceiling materials are sensitive and tend to crumble when tampered with. To minimize fire hazards, unplug all lights when you leave the house and when you go to bed.