Things You Will Need
- Wreath hanger
- Metal hanger
- Decorative ribbon
- Push pins
- Magnetic door hangers
- Brick clips
How to Hang a Wreath. Wreaths are a great accent for doors during the holidays as well as year round.
Hanging a wreath on an exterior door can be difficult when trying to avoid damaging the door. Look outside of the box for quick fixes to wreath hanging dilemmas.
With a few tricks up your sleeve, you will be hanging wreaths in no time at all.
- String a 2 to 3 foot length of decorative ribbon through the wreath. Have someone hold the wreath at the desired level. Pull the ribbon tight and push a flat tack into the ribbon on the top of the door.
- Purchase a plastic or metal wreath hanger. Slide the hanger onto the top of the door. Adjust the length, and hang the wreath on the hook.
- Purchase magnetic wreath hangers for metal or single paned glass doors. Stick the magnet on the metal door and hang the wreath. Place a magnet on both sides of a glass pane to create attraction and hang the wreath.
- Reshape a metal hanger for an inexpensive wreath hanger. Straighten the wire hanger and bend it to fit over the top of the door. Hang the wreath on the hook.
- Purchase brick grippers to hang wreaths on the outside of a house. Place the grippers on brick, and tug on it to make sure it is secure. Hang the wreath on the hook.