Things You Will Need
- Stainless steel cleaning solution
- Terry cloth or any cloth made of cotton
- Stainless steel wipes
Stainless steel appliances are popular nowadays. Almost any homeowner that is trying to update a kitchen would opt for the stainless steel.
They are shiny and give a kitchen its high-end look, besides providing efficiency and functionality. Most of the issues that homeowners face with stainless steel is in the upkeep--how to keep them looking shiny and smudge free all the time.
- Ensure that everyone in the household uses the handles of the stainless steel appliances. This will help prevent smudges and fingerprints on the doors. Also make sure that they do not use their foot to close the refrigerator doors. Shoes can leave marks and may damage the refrigerator doors.
- Keep stainless steel wipes handy. Every time you notice a smudge, wipe it away quickly. Do not wait for smudges to multiply before cleaning. Wiping away a single smudge is easier that doing several of them. Also, when a smudge is is fresh it is easier to remove than when it has dried up.
- Schedule a weekly buffing. Every time you do your weekly general cleaning around the house, dust off the particles and buff the doors or exteriors of your stainless steel appliances. Use smooth cloth, or gloves made of terry cloth or use old cotton shirts for buffing. If you do this regularly it will be less time consuming.
- Use stainless steel cleaning solutions for hard to remove smudges. Then wipe it with terry cloth to dry and buff.
- Do not use adhesive tapes to post messages on your stainless steel appliances. Create a message board instead, and hang it on the wall in the kitchen. Adhesive tapes are sometimes very stubborn and hard to remove. Do not put clutter on your refrigerator door, like photos, report cards or your children's paintings. The message board is a better place to post those achievements and photos.
- Ensure everyone in the household uses the refrigerator's water and ice dispenser properly. Do not let the water overflow--that will leave marks on the refrigerator doors.