Things You Will Need
- Whole cloves
- Sweet, ripe apple
- Clove oil
- Liquid cleaning supplies
- Decorative materials (ribbon, dried flowers, baby's breath)
- Clove powder
- Nylon stockings
How to Get Rid of House Flies With Cloves. House flies can be extremely annoying, particularly when you're eating outdoors.
However, common fly strips and insect sprays are even worse. If you would like a natural method to remove flies, there is a simple method.
With a few clove seeds, you can free yourself from bothersome house flies both in your home or around your picnic table.
- Purchase whole cloves for removing flies. Whole cloves look like long sticks with balls on the end. Push about twenty cloves randomly into a sweet ripe apple. The type of apple does not matter, as the real fly repellent is the clove. Set your apple in the center of your picnic table, on your kitchen counter, or anywhere where flies have become a problem.
- Keep your house free of flies by adding a few drops of clove oil to your regular cleaning supplies. While you shouldn't add the oil to any liquid that will come into contact with fabric, as it may stain, you can add it to your surface cleaning liquids, your mop water and even glass cleaner. Not only will it help to repel flies, it smells wonderful.
- Cluster your clove stems and tie with a decorative string. Hang your beautiful and functional clove bouquets anywhere where house flies become a problem. To add a further decorative touch, consider adding ribbons, dried flowers or baby's breath.
- Clear flies from areas where they can be a huge problem, such as your horse stall, barn or chicken coop. Fill the end of an old nylon stocking with at least 1/4 cup of clove powder and hang the stocking, or multiple stockings, where necessary. Crush the powder inside the stocking with your hand about once a week and replace the powder about once every 2 months.