When you invite both male and female guests to a baby or wedding shower, it is called a Jack and Jill shower. Making sure the shower is entertaining and appealing to all can be difficult especially if you have never hosted this kind of shower before.
Here are some ways to make your planning go smoothly for your Jack and Jill Shower.
- Decide on exactly how many guests you want to attend. Make a list of all the people you will invite. Try to include roughly the same number of men and women.
- When choosing a location for the shower, consider availability, pricing, and the number of guests the facility will be able to hold. Ask a lot of questions regarding the venue, such as if the food is incorporated in the package or will you have to supply your own. If you have a low budget consider having the shower at your house or a family member's house.
- Choose invitations and send them out as soon as you choose your location. Make sure the invitation specifically states that this will be a Jack and Jill shower. Send out invitations two to three weeks ahead of the shower to give people a chance to add it into their schedules.
- Write a list of things you want to do to entertain your guests. Games are a really good way to keep your guest entertained at a shower.
- Go shopping for party favors and game prizes. Make sure your favors are memorable and creative. Many choose to have their names, the date and the event on their favors. When choosing the game prizes make sure you choose prizes that both men and women will enjoy.
- Now have fun and enjoy the party, you worked hard for this.
Make sure everything is appealing to both men and women. Plan every detail.
- Make sure everything is appealing to both men and women.
- Plan every detail.
- Try not to go over your budget.