Mobile home kitchens are often built with inexpensive materials that will not hold up for years. Many cabinets and counters are made from pressed board rather than quality plywood and the flooring is generally the same material.
Remodeling your mobile home kitchen is easy, and just a few changes will make a huge difference. The best way to inexpensively remodel your kitchen is to start with a few simple changes.
- Replace or paint cabinet doors and hardware if your cabinets are still sturdy.
- Install new countertops. As long as the existing counters are still in good shape, new tops will make it look like you have a whole new kitchen.
- Put in a new sink. Sinks are fairly inexpensive and a shiny, new one is a great improvement in an old kitchen. If the sink you have still works well and looks good, install a new faucet instead. Be careful to choose a sink that is made for a mobile home.
- Check out your appliances. Do they still look good next to your new counters and cabinets? If not, replace them with more modern models.
- Paint your walls a new color that will complement the other changes you've made or just add another coat of the existing color to brighten it up.
- Install new linoleum or tile on the floor.
Check websites such as Craigslist and Freecycle to find materials at reduced prices or free.
If you are not sure how to install new counters or floors, research it carefully before beginning or hire a professional.
- Check websites such as Craigslist and Freecycle to find materials at reduced prices or free.