Clean white Vans Classics with mild soap and water frequently to maintain a spotless appearance. Never put them in the washing machine or dryer, as the heat and agitation may damage the shoes and ruin their shape.
To prevent dirt and water damage, apply a fabric protection spray after cleaning or before the first wear.
Things You Will Need
- Mild soap
- Soft cloth
- Fabric protection spray (optional)
- Paper towels (optional)
- Prepare the shoes for cleaning by tapping them into a trash can to remove excess dirt. If there is no trash can available, tap them on the ground outside.
- Dampen a soft cloth with water, and add a small amount of soap. Use a mild bar or dish soap.
- Remove the laces and set them aside if they need to be cleaned. Wipe over the entire shoe with the soapy cloth, getting into all areas and concentrating on stains. Rinse the cloth and re-apply soap if necessary. Clean the insoles and outsoles well.
- Rinse the cloth with water and wring it out. Wipe off any soapy residue.
- Place the shoes in a well-ventilated area to air dry. If they lose their shape, fill them with paper towels. Once dry, spray the shoes with fabric protection spray that is safe for the material.
- Wash the shoe laces in a washing machine and air dry them.