Things You Will Need
- White vinegar
- Warm water
- 5-gallon bucket
- Garbage bag
- Microfiber cloth
- Spray bottle
- Rubber gloves (optional)
Manufactured cleaning products often have harsh ingredients that can be harmful to your health and the environment. The chemicals in these cleaning products can irritate allergies, cause upper respiratory problems and lead to nausea.
When washed down the drain, they can get into water streams and endanger animal and plant life. A homemade, natural cleaner minimizes the risks to your health and the environment, while still giving you shining ceramic tiles.
How to Naturally Clean Ceramic Floor Tiles
- Pour 1/4 cup of white vinegar and 1 gallon of warm water into a 5-gallon bucket. Mix well.
- Use the broom to sweep the floor. Starting in one area, gently whisk the broom back and forth on the floor, pulling any dirt and debris together in a small pile. Repeat over the entire floor.
- Place the dustpan next to the first pile. Use the broom to sweep the pile of dirt into the dustpan. Dispose of the dirt in a trash can or garbage bag.
- Dip the mop into the cleaning solution in the 5-gallon bucket.
- Place the mop on the floor. Slide the mop away from you and then pull the mop back toward you. Repeat this motion until no stains or streaks remain on the floor. Move to the next section of tile and repeat over the entire floor.
- Use the microfiber cloth to clean stubborn stains. Dip the microfiber cloth into the cleaning solution in the 5-gallon bucket. Use your hand to squeeze excess fluid from the cloth. Place the cloth directly over the stain. Gently scrub with the cloth until the stain disappears.
How to Naturally Clean Ceramic Shower Tiles
- Pour 1/8 cup of white vinegar into a spray bottle. Fill the rest of the bottle with warm water. Shake well.
- Starting with the top tiles, spray the tile with the vinegar and water solution.
- Starting with the top tile, run the cloth in circular motions around the tile to remove hard water spots. Move to the next tile. Repeat over the entire shower.
- Clean the grout with the toothbrush. Dip the toothbrush into the spray bottle.
- Gently run the toothbrush up and down the first line of grout starting at the top. Repeat over all the grout.
You can also use the toothbrush to remove persistent stains on the shower tiles.
Wear rubber gloves if your skin is sensitive to vinegar.