Things You Will Need
- Postage Receipt
- Internet connection or phone
When shipping packages, the delivery confirmation/tracking number option offers peace of mind and security. You can rest assured knowing that you can check the status of your shipment at any time by looking up your tracking number.
If your shipment is lost, you have proof that it has been shipped. Finding the tracking number on your receipt is rather easy.
Follow the instructions below to locate the tracking number on your receipt and track your package.
- Locate the receipt from the shipping carrier. Different carriers use different terminology for the tracking numbers on their receipt. For example, the United States Postal Service calls their tracking number the "Label No."
- Search for the longest number on the receipt. This is your tracking number.
- Visit the website of the shipping carrier to track your shipment or call the phone number on your receipt.
- Enter your tracking number when prompted for up-to-date information on your shipment.