- FOR FRESH FLOWERS: Soak the floral foam in water.
- Cut the foam to fit each can. The foam should meet the top of the each can. Now fill each can with water that has been treated with floral preservative.
- Cut the flower stems about 2-inches in length. Fill each can with one flower variety, inserting flowers very close to each other. Use the rosemary a bit taller than the flowers and insert their stems along with another type of flower, such as the roses, as I did.
- Stack the cans on top of each other and side by side. (It may be necessary to remove some of the flowers in the stacking process. That's okay, use these flowers in another container.
- Instructions for SILK Centerpiece: Cut the foam to fit each can. The foam should meet the top of the each can. Now take your hot glue gun and squeeze a quarter sized puddle of glue in the bottom of your can, then firmly insert foam into glue, hold it in place for a few seconds until the glue sits up. Repeat this step on all of the Tin cans.
- Now your going to Stack the cans on top of each other, by hot gluing a smaller can on top of a larger can, take your hot glue gun and squeeze a large half dollar sized puddle of glue on top of the foam on the large can, now firmly press small can into glue, hold it in place for a few seconds until the glue sits up.
- Cut the flower stems about 2-inches in length with wire cutters. Fill each can with one flower variety, insert silk flowers into foam around the rim of each can very close to each other.
- Now insert flowers into the foam on top of each can centerpiece to form a round dome. "Thats It" Now you've got a Can-Do Attitude.
How to make a Tin Can Centerpiece for your Wedding or other event
A Little Creativity Goes a Long way!
It's so easy to create a sensational looking table for your Wedding or any event without a lot of fuss or spending a lot of money. With a little inspiration, and the most basic of crafting abilities, you can create centerpieces that will WOW your guests!
*This Centerpiece can be made with Fresh or Silk Flowers!
- You can also use your own choice Flowers!
Things You Will Need
- Please be careful with HOT GLUE GUNS, the tip and the glue coming out of the tip will be ~~~~VERY ~~~~H O T~~~~~!!!!!
- How to Make Floral Arrangements for Skinny Vases
- How to Make a Fresh Flower Head Wreath
- How to Arrange Lighted Branches in a Vase
- How to Make a Cornice for a Bay Window
- Turn a $10 Bunch of Flowers Into a $70 Holiday Centerpiece
- Homemade Tube Bird Feeders
- How to Arrange Fruit in a Basket
- How to Make a Homemade Ice Cream Machine Maker
- DIY Carved Pumpkin Planters Tutorial
- How to Reuse Empty Tissue Boxes
- How to Make a Coffee Can Bird Feeder
- How to Make a Homemade Heat Exchanger
- How to Steam Beet Leaves
- How to Make Fresh Flower Arrangements