- Measure your drawer box from side to side and then measure the cabinet drawer opening from side to side. There must be an inch clearance, meaning the drawer opening measures 1 inch larger than the drawer for mechanical drawer glides to fit.
- Measure your drawer box from front to back, not including the face of the drawer box.
- Purchase the drawer glide that is the same measurement as your drawer box. If no drawer glides are the same as your drawer box, then purchase the glides that are the next size down.
- Do not purchase drawer glides larger than the measurement of your drawer box; otherwise the drawer may not close completely.
- Measure your drawer box from side to side and then measure the cabinet drawer opening from side to side. There must be an inch clearance, meaning the drawer opening measures 1 inch larger than the drawer for mechanical drawer glides to fit. So, if the drawer didn't previously have these then you need to check these measurements.
How to Measure for Drawer Glides
If you have drawers in a piece of older furniture then those drawers may not have drawer glides attached, and you probably have noticed how much harder those drawers are to open than the drawers in new pieces of furniture that do come with glides attached. If you have an old piece of furniture in which drawer glides need to be installed for smoother opening, then you will need to know how to measure for drawer glides so that you are able to purchase the right size drawer glides to be installed.
Things You Will Need
- How to Get Mold Smell Out of Dresser Drawers
- How to Figure Out the Number of Yards in a Dumpster
- How to Take Apart a Frigidaire Vegetable Drawer
- A DIY Cooler Box
- How to Use Vinegar to Disinfect
- How to Make Desks From File Cabinets and Countertops
- How to Repair Drawer Runners
- How to Repair a DGB-600BC 10 Cup Cuisinart Coffee Maker
- How to Fix a Craftsman Toolbox Floor Drawer Jam
- How to File Categories for a Home Office
- How to Replace Hinges on Kitchen Cabinets
- How to Glue Felt to a Jewelry Box
- Do Smoke Detectors Need to Be on a Dedicated Circuit?
- How to Measure a Window Well