- Get out your bathtub cleaner and clean your hot tub with it. You will need a clean hot tub before you begin working on cleaning the jets.
- Turn your hot tub water knob to hot and fill the hot tub up. Stick a thermometer (a food thermometer will work) into the hot tub water and make sure the temperature is at least 140 degrees F.
- Measure 1 cup of bleach and pour it in the hot tub while it is filling up with hot water. Then add 1/8 cup of dish soap to the running water.
- Turn your hot tub jets on after the hot tub has completely filled up. Let them run for 15 minutes before draining.
- Rinse out any leftover cleaner by filling the tub a second time and running the jets for another 15 minutes.
- Drain the hot tub again and then clean it with bathtub cleaner like you did in the beginning.
Things You Will Need
- Bathtub cleaner Thermometer Dish detergent Bleach Measuring cup
- The hot tub water will be hot enough to burn you. Be careful and allow it to cool off before reaching in and unplugging the drain.