How to Clean White Appliances
- Using a dust cloth, remove any grit from the appliance that could be abrasive and cause scratching.
- Spray appliance with 409 cleaner and leave on for several minutes to break down any grease residue. If the appliance is exceptionally dirty, allow cleaner to dry completely then go back and re-spray before wiping off.
- Wipe away 409 cleaner using a cleaning cloth to remove dirt, grease and residue build-up.
- Using a cleaning cloth, wet with hot water, wring out excess water, and go over appliance to remove remnants of loose dirt and cleaner. Allow to dry completely.
- Apply a thin coat of wax with cleaning cloth and allow to dry.
- Remove wax with a separate, dry cleaning cloth. This will give a brilliant shine and make future clean-ups easier.
Things You Will Need
- 409 spray cleaner (recommended, but optional) Dust cloth Cleaning cloths or heavy duty paper towels Hot water Inexpensive car wax (Turtle Wax, Meguiar's)
- Although appliance wax is available, car wax provides the same results and is typically cheaper.