Which Way to Turn a Master Lock Combination Lock?
Using a combination lock is an effective way of safeguarding property from theft. The strength and durability of Master Lock brand combination locks makes them the combination lock of choice for many people. Using your lock successfully requires learning the proper turning sequence of the dial.
When you purchase a Master Lock combination lock, the three-digit combination is on a sticker on the back of the lock. Remove this sticker and put it in a safe place in case you forget your combination.
- Grasp the locked lock in your nondominant hand and turn the lock dial so the zero is at the red indicator arrow at the top of the face of the lock. Turn the lock dial to the right three complete turns and stop when the first number of your combination is at the red indicator arrow.
- Turn the lock dial to the left one complete turn, so you pass the first number of your combination one time, and stop when the second number of your combination is at the red indicator arrow.
- Turn the lock dial to the right again directly to the third number of your combination; this number will be at the red indicator arrow. Do not pass this third number, but turn directly to it.
- Pull the shackle--the U-shaped part of the lock--up to open the lock.
- Lock the lock again by closing the shackle and rotating the dial several complete turns, both to the left and the right.