- Apply a neutral pH balanced cleaner on the granite with a microfiber cloth to clean the surface before painting it.
- Let the granite dry for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Dilute half a bottle of Lithichrome Stone Paint with half Lithichrome Solvent.
- Apply the diluted Lithichrome paint on the granite with a large paint brush. You can also spray the paint on the granite with aerosol cans rather than using a brush, if you prefer.
- Let the surface dry for about 30 minutes. When the paint is thoroughly dry, give it a quick dry clean with the microfiber cloth.
- Apply a second layer with the undiluted Lithichrome Stone Paint. Let the granite dry for another half hour.
- Apply a third and final layer of the undiluted paint if you judge it necessary and let the granite dry for another half hour.
Things You Will Need
- Neutral pH balanced cleaner
- Microfiber Clothe
- Lithichrome stone paint
- Lithichrome solvent
- Large paint brush
- Light brushing is essential to avoid poor paint adhesion.
- If you prefer to spray the paint on the granite rather than to brush it, Lithichrome Stone Paint also exists in aerosol cans.
- If you add a layer of Lithichrome Clear, your granite will remain in good condition longer.