Protect Door Edge
- Open the door. Mount a metal door strip against the inside edge of the door frame facing the door -- use metal screws and a Phillips screwdriver to do this.
- Mount a metal door strip against the edge of the door facing the door frame in the same manner as was just done with the door frame.
- Close the door. Mount a metal door strip across the bottom of the door using metal screws and a Phillips screwdriver.
Prevent Door Removal
- Open the door and make a mark in the door frame facing the back of the door 10 inches down from the top and 10 inches up from the bottom.
- Place a mark on the back of the door opposite the marks on the door frame.
- Drill a hole in each mark on the door frame with a portable drill.
- Mount a locking bolt plate on each mark on the back of the door using wood screws and a Phillips screwdriver.
- Close the door so that the extruding bolts on the locking bolt plates go inside the holes on the door frame.
Furniture To Secure Door
- Place a metal folding chair against the door.
- Rotate the chair so that the seat faces you.
- Angle the top of the chair towards the door knob.
- Wedge the top of the chair beneath the door knob.
- Place a heavy object -- for example, a laundry basket filled with dirty clothes -- against the front legs of the chair.
Things You Will Need
- Metal door strips
- Metal screws
- Phillips screwdriver
- Tape measure
- Portable drill, 1-inch drill bit
- Locking bolt plates
- Metal folding chair
- It is a given that you should always lock the door.