- Cut eight pieces from the 2-inch by 4-inch pine that measure 75 inches long. These boards will be the long side of the privacy screen.
- Cut eight pieces from the 2-inch by 4-inch pine that measure 12 inches each. These will be the short sides of the privacy screen.
- Position two of the short sides 72 inches apart on edge and parallel to each other. Place the long sides on the ends of the short sides to form a rectangle.
- Apply wood glue where the short and long boards meet, and press the boards together. Screw the long boards into the ends of the short boards, using 3-inch wood screws at each joint.
- Repeat Steps 3 and 4 to make four frames.
- Cut 16 pieces from 1-inch by 1-inch pine, measuring 72 inches each. These are the long trim pieces.
- Cut 16 pieces from 1-inch by 1-inch pine, measuring 10-1/2 inches each. These are the short trim pieces.
- Attach one long trim piece face down to the inside of one long frame side and 3/4 inch from the bottom edge. Apply glue where the wood meets. Nail through the long trim into the face of the long side with 1-1/4-inch finish nails spaced every 4 inches. Repeat this step for the other long side.
- Attach one piece of short trim to the inside of the short side, 3/4 inch from the bottom edge. Place glue where the surfaces meet. Nail the short trim face side through the face of the short side with 1-3/4 finish nails every 4 inches. Repeat this step for the other short side.
- Cut four sections of lattice from the lattice sheet that each measure 12 inch by 72 inches.
- Place one lattice insert inside the frame on top of the long and short trim pieces.
- Repeat Steps 3 and 4 to secure the lattice in place.
- Construct three more identical privacy panels in the same manner.
- Use three hinges between each of the panels. Secure the hinges so that the hinge peg faces the back of the screen between the two middle screens and the front of the screen between the two outer panels.
- Fill all screw and nail holes with wood filler.
- Sand the screen thoroughly. Paint or stain the screen with a high-quality outdoor paint or stain.