Things You Will Need
- Scrub brush
- Seltzer water/ club soda
- Dish detergent, colorless
- Steam cleaner
- Soft rag
- Bucket of water
Coffee stains on the carpet are ugly and quite difficult to expunge. With proper cleaning methods and a steam cleaner, the stain will disappear without any problems.
Here are some tips for removing old coffee stains.
- Pour seltzer water liberally over the stain and let it set there for 2 hours.
- Add detergent to a bucket of water for a soapy mix. Wet your brush in the bucket and scrub the coffee stain with hard circular strokes until the carpet is damp.
- Soak up the water with your rag and ring it out as you go. Keep soaking up water until the carpet is merely moist.
- Follow the instructions to set up your steam cleaner. Use a scrub brush wand if one is included with your steamer. If not, any attachment will do.
- Hold the steamer as close to the carpet as you can and work one area at a time. Gently rub the area after steaming with your rag. Repeat until done. Your stain should be gone. If stains persist, contact a carpet specialist.