- Purchase Transparent Glass Cleaner or an equivalent product. Transparent Glass Cleaner can be located from online resources as well as some local stores. If you cannot find this product in your area, any aluminum cleaner will do. However, make sure it is safe to use on aluminum surfaces. Follow all directions on the cleaner of your choice as the instructions may differ.
- Fill the bucket with hot water. Make sure the water is steaming but not hot enough to burn your skin.
- Dip your clean soft washcloth into your bucket of water. Wring out the excess water and rub down your aluminum storm window. Begin in the upper right corner and work your way around the outside. Remove all the excess dirt and grime from the entire window.
- Use your towel to dry the window. The majority of the dirt and grime should be gone with the hot water and a little elbow grease. Before applying the window cleaner, you will need a dry surface.
- Spray the Transparent Glass Cleaner or the product of your choice onto the window. Depending on the size of the aluminum storm window, two or three sprays will be sufficient. Take your second washcloth and rub the cleaner into the window. Pay extra close attention to the corners and any heavy dirt or dust tracks.
- Dry the window with your towel. You should have a clean and streak-free finish.
- Repeat steps 3 to 6 for all the windows you want to clean. This includes outside as well as the inside of the home or business.
Things You Will Need
- Bucket Two soft washcloths Transparent glass cleaner or equivalent Soft towel
- For caked on dirt and grime, two or more applications of the cleaner may need to be used.