Clearing a Paper Jam Manually and Resetting the Red Indicator Light
- Place the Fellowes PS-67Cs power switch, containing the solid round, black circle, to the middle "Off" position. Your shredder will shut off. Unplug the shredder's power cable.
- Lift the shredder's head and pull the jammed paper or other object from the shredder. Empty the device's bin, if full. Plug in the shredder's power cable.
- Press and hold the power switch down in the "R" position--reverse control. Your shredder will start running in reverse and any paper present in the top portion of the device will start coming out. Release the power switch once the shredder is free of any paper. The red indicator light on the top of your Fellowes PS-67Cs will go out.
Clearing a Paper Jam Through the Power Switch
- Place the shredder's power switch in the "R" position and hold the switch down. Your shredder will start running in reverse and any paper present in the top portion of the device will start coming out.
- Place the power switch in the "I" position, then the "R" position. Repeat this step slowly until the shredder is free of any paper trapped in the top portion of the device.
- Remove the paper from the top of the shredder and dispose of it in a trash can or bag.
Resetting the "SafeSense" Feature and Yellow Indicator Light
- Turn your Fellowes PS-67Cs on its side.
- Locate the SafeSense override switch on the bottom of the device. The switch contains two pyramid-shaped icons--one with a line drawn across it and one without a line.
- Move the switch toward the pyramid-shaped icon containing the line to reset the SafeSense feature. The yellow SafeSense indicator light on the top of the shredder will flash.
- Remove the paper jam, if one is present, by unplugging the shredder's power cable, lifting the shredder's lid and pulling the paper out. Plug in the power cable after clearing the jam.
- Move the override switch on the bottom of the shredder back toward the pyramid-shaped icon not containing a line. The yellow SafeSense indicator light on the top of the shredder will stay on and not flash.
Things You Will Need
- Trash can or bag
- When troubleshooting your Fellowes PS-67Cs, unplug the shredder before lifting its lid and removing any paper jams from the device. You don't want the shredder to come on accidentally while you are clearing a jam.