- Place the [rug](https://society6.com/rugs?utm_source=SFGHG&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=8775) on a flat, clean surface with the fur facing up and the rug's felt and backing facing down on the surface. Make sure the rug is completely open and flat and all the wrinkles are pushed out.
- Walk to the top of the rug and straighten the head, making sure the head and tail align. Walk to the tail and check the alignment from that viewpoint. Check that the limbs are placed flat on the surface and the wrinkles are removed.
- Measure the rug from the tip of the nose to the tip of the tail. This is the length.
- Measure from the furthest tip of one claw, across the back (shoulders) of the bear and to the furthest tip of the other claw. This is the width.
Things You Will Need
- Black bear rug
- Tape measure
- Flat, clean surface or floor
- Do not assume the person providing the measurements understands how to take them properly. Always check to make sure the length is from tip of nose to tip of tail and the width is from claw tip to claw tip across the shoulders.