- Close your Luminette Privacy Sheers by pulling the cables on the side of the sheers.
- Dust the sheers thoroughly with a feather duster. Wear latex gloves to keep your hands clean and oil from your hands off of the sheers.
- Open the sheers to expose the other side. Dust the other side of the sheers with the feather duster.
Removing Grime Buildup
- Close your Luminette Privacy Sheers.
- Start vacuuming, using a hand-held vacuum cleaner, in the upper left-hand corner of the sheers.
- Move across the sheers using short strokes while you move the sheers with your hands. Continue vacuuming your sheers until you reach the bottom.
- Open the sheers to expose the other side. Vacuum the other side of the sheers with short strokes across the sheers until you reach the bottom. Hand-held vacuum cleaners won't pull or stretch your Luminette Privacy Sheers. Do not use a regular vacuum cleaner or one with a brush attachment. Regular vacuum cleaners contain too much suction and could damage the sheer fabric.
- Apply 2 tbsp. of a laundry pre-treatment solution to a soft cloth or rag.
- Hold the sheer panel containing a stain with another soft cloth or rag. Blot the stain with the pre-treatment solution-soaked cloth or rag. Do not rub the spot--this will push the stain into the sheer.
- Let the area dry. Apply 3 tbsp. of distilled or bottled water to a clean cloth or rag. Blot the stain clean with the water-soaked cloth or rag. Let the sheer air dry.
Things You Will Need
- Feather duster
- Latex gloves
- Hand-held vacuum cleaner
- Laundry pre-treatment solution
- 3 soft cloths or rags
- Distilled or bottled water
- To remove wrinkles and creases, apply 1/2 cup of distilled or bottled water to a clean cloth or rag. Hold the sheer panel containing a wrinkle or crease with another soft cloth or rag. Blot the wrinkle or crease with the water-soaked cloth or rag. Let the sheer air dry.
- For professional cleaning of your Luminette Privacy Sheers, contact a cleaning service that uses an injection/extraction method of cleaning. This method injects a cleaning solution into stains on your sheers then extracts the solution.