- Prepare your work site. Lay tarps below the wall to catch the bricks and debris as they fall and make your cleanup easier. If you are working inside, consider laying foam mats under the tarps to protect your floors, and sealing the room to protect the rest of the house from dust.
- Don your safety equipment. Wear safety glasses and a dust mask to protect you from flying shards of debris and dust. Wear gloves and long-sleeved clothes for extra protection.
- Remove the top course of bricks using a hammer and cold chisel. Finish the entire row before starting the next to avoid destabilizing the wall.
- Repeat step 3 until you have completely knocked down you brick wall.
Things You Will Need
- Safety glasses
- Dust mask
- Cold chisel
- If you encounter wall ties attached to your brick wall, use a claw hammer to detach them from the wall.