- Examine the mounting brackets for your shelves. Get one wood screw for every mounting hole.
- Find studs in the wall where you want the shelf unit to be mounted. Mark the studs with a pencil at the height where you want the shelf to hang.
- Set a level against the wall at the points where you want the shelves. Set it to level, then draw a line across the top with a pencil. Mark each point where the wall studs intersect your line.
- Set up the two ladders, facing each other and closer together than the length of the shelf.
- Lift up your shelf unit to where you want to hang it. Set each end on the steps of the opposing ladders.
- Lift one edge of the shelf until it's even with the line drawn. Align a mounting bracket with a wall stud. Drive one screw through a screw hole in the mounting bracket.
- Lift the opposite edge of the shelf and drive in a single screw through a mounting hole on that side.
- Drive the remaining screws in through the remaining screw holes in the mounting brackets.
Things You Will Need
- Stud finder
- 2 triangular ladders
- Wood screws, 3 inches long
- Power drill with screwdriver bits
- If you have assistants, you can do without the ladders and have them hold the shelf in place while you mount it.