- Put 1 to 2 tbsp. of wood chips in the center of the smoker base in a small pile. You can use a spoon to scoop the wood chips out of the container and into the base.
- Lay the drip tray in the smoker base on top of the wood chips. Line it with foil if you want a speedy cleanup once you have finished using the smoker.
- Insert the wire rack in the smoke base by placing it on top of the drip tray.
- Arrange the food that you want to smoke on the wire rack. Meats, fish and vegetables are ideal for smoking in a Cameron stovetop smoker.
- Slide on the lid to close it up and place the smoker on your stove, campfire or grill. You can use it on gas or electric stoves.
- Use a "Medium" heat setting to get the best flavor with your food. Cooking time varies depending on what you are cooking.
Cameron Stove Top Smoker Instructions
If you want to cook your food so that it gets a smoke flavor without adding any oils or fats, you can do that with a stovetop smoker such as the Cameron stovetop smoker. You can use a stovetop smoker on any type of heat source; the Cameron stovetop smoker is large enough to fit an entire chicken. Even larger items, like a turkey, can be smoked if you create a foil dome instead of using the smoker lid.