- Calculate the evaporation in the cooling tower. The evaporation rate equals the water flow rate times the fahrenheit of the cooling tower times 0.001.
- Calculate the blowdown from the cooling tower. The blowdown equals the evaporation rate from step one, which is the number of cooling cycles the cooling water has gone through minus one.
- Calculate the makeup water. The makeup water equals the blowdown plus the evaporation.
How to Calculate the Makeup Water in a Cooling Tower
Calculating the makeup water in a cooling tower can make the difference between reusing your cooling tower and throwing your cooling tower away. A cooling tower helps to lower the temperature of your residence or business by cooling the hot water inside the tower and distributing the chilled air through the vents. The makeup water is needed to replace the water that was used through the vents, as well as any unfortunate leakage. According to the Cooling Technology Institute website, cooling towers are cost-effective and energy efficient because of their ability to cool places with water only.
- How Many Tons Is a Heil Central Air Conditioner Unit Model CRG3-0300-PFV?
- How to Remove Grease Stains From Ceramic Tile
- How to Calculate a Boiler AFUE
- How to Calculate Velocity of Air Through a Duct
- How to Remove Hard Water Stains From a Coffee Pot
- How to Measure a Chain-link Fence for Paint
- How to Convert 14 Microns to Mils
- Home Remedy for Removing Mold and Mildew
- How to Convert TDS to UMHOS
- How to Calculate the BTUs Needed to Heat a Room
- How to Calculate a Home's Water GPM
- How to Calculate Heating and Cooling Degree Days
- How to Calculate Stone Porosity
- How to Figure Out What Size Air Conditioner You Need