- Insert a plunger into the toilet bowl. Add water to cover the plunger if necessary. Forcefully pump the plunger up and down to create a vacuum, dislodging the blockage from the toilet.
- Don rubber gloves and use an old drinking glass or jar to drain the clogged toilet bowl of water. Squeeze 1/8 to 1/4 cup of liquid dishwashing detergent into the toilet bowl. Pour hot water obtained from the faucet into the toilet immediately after adding the detergent to dislodge the clog. Do not pour boiling water in to the toilet as this could crack the porcelain bowl.
- Remove as much water as possible from the clogged toilet bowl. Pour 1/2 cup of baking soda into the toilet bowl. Add 1/2 cup of white vinegar to the toilet. Pour hot water from the faucet into the toilet to flush the clog.
Things You Will Need
- Rubber gloves
- Old drinking glass or jar
- Liquid dishwashing detergent
- 1/2 cup baking soda
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- Try removing obstructions, such as toys and facecloths, with your hands rather than attempt to push them further down the drain line.