Things You Will Need
- Cleaning solution
The Swiffer WetJet is a product designed to clean floors more effectively then a traditional mop. The Swiffer WetJet makes use of a Swiffer bottle, filled with cleaning solution that is applied directly to the floor through the WetJet device.
These bottles are designed to be used until empty, then thrown out, at which point you must buy a replacement bottle to continue using the WetJet. It is possible to open and access the bottle to fill with your own cleaning solution if you prefer to save some money.
- Fill a pot with 2 inches of water and bring it to a boil using your stove.
- Place the white plastic cap that is connected to the WetJet bottle into the boiling water for 10 seconds. This will cause the plastic to soften.
- Grip the white plastic cap using a towel and twist it to remove it.
- Rinse out the bottle thoroughly to remove any old cleaning solution that remains.
- Fill the Swiffer bottle 3/4 of the way with water, then add a few tablespoons of your chosen cleaner.
- Place the cap back onto the bottle and shake gently to mix the water and cleaning solution.