Things You Will Need
- Baking Soda
- Measuring cup
There are number of different clog removal solutions available to the consumer. Unfortunately, these solutions contain harsh chemicals.
These chemicals can be tough on your drains, especially if you have a particularly strong clog. Use a few items you may already have in your cupboards that can just as effective at removing clogs.
- Pour half a cup of baking soda into the clogged drain.
- Pour half a cup of vinegar into the clogged drain. Cover the drain after pouring the vinegar to avoid the fizzing reaction of the two ingredients bubbling out of the drain. You want the solution to go down the drain. This solution will help eat away at the clog.
- Wait 15 minutes for the solution to make its way through the clogged drain.
- Pour a gallon of boiling water down the drain. This helps to advance the solution further down the drain.
- Test the drain after the boiling water has passed through. If the clog persists, repeat the steps as necessary.