Things You Will Need
- White vinegar
- Spray bottle
- Soft towel or paper towel
- Putty knife (optional)
Enhancing a window with gel decorations is an inexpensive way to give your home a festive appearance. Gel decorations come in sticky shapes that adhere to nonporous surfaces such as clean glass and mirrors.
The self-adhesive decorations feature a variety of festive designs, such as hearts, pumpkins, Christmas trees and Easter eggs, so you can use them to decorate for each holiday. Avoid putting the gel decorations in direct sunlight as they may melt.
If that happens, you can remove the residue with basic cleaning supplies.
- Grasp the edge of the gel decoration gently with your fingers and begin to lift it off of the window. Slowly peel the decoration off of the window, being careful not to rip the delicate gel material.
- Use both hands to peel the gel decoration off of the window if it features intricate designs, such as flower stems.
- Spray a hard-to-remove gel decoration with white vinegar. Allow the vinegar to saturate the decoration for one minute before peeling it off of the window.
- Use a putty knife to help lift the gel decor off of the window if necessary.
- Clean any gel decoration residue off of the window with a solution of vinegar and water. Fill a spray bottle with 1/2 cup of white vinegar and 1 cup of water.
- Shake the solution to mix and spray it onto the window.
- Wipe the window dry with a soft cloth or a paper towel.