Fixing a GE Oven Door Lock That Is Stuck
GE ovens have a door that locks during the self-cleaning cycle. This reduces the chances of injury should you accidentally open the oven door during the self-cleaning cycle. The door locks automatically and will not unlock until it is safe. If a power failure or oven error interrupts the self-cleaning cycle, the oven’s door lock may become stuck. There are ways to unlock your GE oven door if this occurs.
Disconnect the power cable from the electrical outlet or switch the breaker for the range to off. Wait five minutes and turn the power back on. The door unlocks once the oven resets.
Locate and push the “Clear/Off” button on the control panel. If the oven was on when the door lock became stuck, the door unlocks once the oven has cooled to a safe temperature.
Push the self-cleaning button and allow the oven to enter the self-cleaning mode. Wait 15 minutes and then press the “Clear/Off” button ending the self-cleaning cycle. The door unlocks once the oven has cooled to a safe temperature.
- How to Clean Calphalon Cookware
- How to Troubleshoot a Maytag Neptune That Will Not Lock
- How to Turn Off the Lock Light on the Kenmore Elite Electric Cooktop
- How to Open Maytag Dryer Locks Without Keys
- How to Broil on a GE Spectra Oven
- How to Attach the Door Front to a Whirlpool Integrated Dishwasher