How to Repair the Hinges on a Kenmore Dishwasher Door
If you own a Kenmore dishwasher, then you have a door hinge system that includes an adjustment screw for tightening and loosening tension to the door springs, which is connected to the hinge. If you notice the door won't open or close properly, you should inspect each door hinge on the lower bottom sides of the dishwasher to see if there is any type of damage. Fixing hinge damage might involve replacing the springs or adjustment screws, or tightening the door hinge, if necessary.
Turn off the electrical power to your Kenmore dishwasher from your kitchen circuit breaker.
Remove the two screws from the bottom access panel and lower toe panel using a screwdriver.
Lift up the panels and set them aside. Locate the door spring on the rear leg of the dishwasher, then unhook it using your hand.
Tighten the adjustment screw on the back end using a five-sixteenth-inch nut driver, if the hinge is just loose; otherwise, remove the adjustment screw if there appears to be other damage.
Remove the remaining screws from the hinge, then lift the hinge to remove it from the dishwasher.
Inspect the door hinge for any dents or other damage. Place a new door hinge part onto the door if there is damage that you can't fix.
Reinsert the screws and adjustment screw into the door hinge. Replace any rusty screws, if necessary.
Hook the door spring back onto the hinge and replace the spring if it is broken.
Place the lower toe panel and access panel back onto the dishwasher. Reinsert the screws into the panel.
Open and close the dishwasher door to make sure it opens properly. Turn the electrical power back on from the circuit breaker.
- If you need to replace the door hinge part, you can contact the manufacturer or purchase the part from an online retailer.
- How to Fix the Door that Came Off My Thermador Range
- How to Replace the Door Latch on a Bosch Axxis Dryer
- How to Replace the Float Switch Assembly on a Bosch Dishwasher
- How to Replace the Handle on a Frigidaire Microwave
- How to Replace a GE Refrigerator Door Stop
- How to Replace the Panel on a Kenmore Elite Dishwasher