- Dust or vacuum the window sills.
- Mix 1 cup of white vinegar and 1 cup of ammonia in a bucket.
- Wipe the window sills with a soft rag soaked in the vinegar/ammonia mixture and wrung out.
- Clean the hard-to-reach corners of the window sill with a small brush.
- Rinse the window sill with water.
- Allow them to air dry or dry them with a dry, soft rag.
- Mix 1/2 cup of rubbing alcohol and 1/4 cup of water in a bucket or large bowl.
- Rub this mixture onto the difficult spot with a rag.
- Rinse and dry if desired.
Things You Will Need
- White vinegar
- Small brush (old toothbrush)
- Rubbing alcohol
- Make a large batch of the white vinegar and ammonia mixture and put it in spray bottles for future cleanings.
- Q-Tips also work well in small areas.