- Measure out equal parts of hydrogen peroxide and water.
- Pour the mixture into a clean container, such as a clean plastic milk bottle that you have washed out. Use a funnel to make the process of filling the bottle easier.
- Cover the container.
- Shake the bottle to mix the ingredients together.
- Label the container very clearly, so everyone knows that it contains non-chlorine bleach.
- Store your non-chlorine bleach on a high shelf in your laundry area. Make sure that it is safely away from the reach of children.
Things You Will Need
- Hydrogen peroxide
- Clean container
- Permanent marker
- Use your homemade non-chlorine bleach just as you would a store-bought product.
- Add a few drops of your favorite essential oil, such as lavender, ylang ylang or summer rain to your non-chlorine bleach to give it a scent that you love.
- Your homemade non-chlorine bleach is safe to use on whites and colored clothes.
- Using environmentally friendly products is good for you, your family and our environment.