- Understand that ceramic tile can become scratched or dulled from abrasive cleaning products. As such, you should only use mild cleaners and a soft cloth or sponge when cleaning the grit from your ceramic tile floors.
- Spray a non-abrasive all-purpose cleaner (such as Formula 409) directly onto your ceramic floor.
- Wait a few minutes to let the cleaner soak into the gritty film.
- Use your sponge or soft cloth to gently wipe away the film.
- If the film remains, try using a mildly abrasive cleaner like Bon Ami. Again, wipe the film gently with your sponge or cloth.
- Thoroughly rinse the floor with water. This removes any lingering household cleaner that may damage the appearance of the tiles over time.
- Wipe the floor clean with a towel.
How to Clean Gritty Film Off Ceramic Tile Floors
Ceramic tile is a popular type of flooring for kitchens and bathrooms. Though it's attractive, tough grit, soap scum or a thin layer of film can accumulate on the ceramic and dull its appearance. With a little elbow grease, however, you can easily restore your ceramic tile floors to like-new condition.