- Turn off the electricity to the well at the main breaker.
- Install a T-fitting into your pipe that comes from the well to the house. Install the T-fitting after the check valve.
- Run piping from the new end of the T-fitting to your pressure tank. Wrap Teflon pipe thread tape three to four times around the end, wrapping the threads fully.
- Screw the end into the pressure tank with your plumber's wrench.
- Turn the system back on and test for leaks.
How to Hook Up a Pressure Tank
Hooking up a pressure tank is essential to a water well system to provide proper pressure and consistency to your water gpm. Hookup is simple and straightforward; installation can be done in about an hour. Following the proper steps will ensure a successful hookup of your pressure tank.
Things You Will Need
- How to Add a Drain to a Stock Tank
- How to Replace Jet Deep-Well Foot Pump Valves
- How to Install a Goulds Water Tank
- How to Unhook a Propane Tank With Reverse Threads
- How to Install a Galvanized Water Tank
- How to Adjust a Pressure Washer Unloader
- How to Replace a Flush Valve on a Toilet
- How to Install a Flex Hose on Kitchen Faucets
- How to Add a Second Pressure Tank
- Installation Instructions for Well Pressure Tanks
- Troubleshooting a Wayne Shallow Well Pump
- How to Replace a Toilet Stopper
- How to Install a Drainage Pipe in Your Yard
- How to Install Propane Pipes