Pump Will Not Run
- Check the power switch. Turn the power on.
- Check the circuit breaker box or fuse box. Reset any tripped circuits. Replace any blown fuses.
- Clean the copper tubing connected to the pressure switch to remove any obstructions.
- Allow the motor to cool. If the motor overload was tripped, it will automatically reset after it cools down.
- Take the unit to a service shop for repair if the motor hums but the pump does not run. It may be damaged internally.
Little or No Water
- Lower the suction pipe farther into the well. The water level may be below the pump intake.
- Perform the priming procedure. The pump needs to stay primed to function.
- Check piping for leaks on the well side of the pump. Repair or replace any leaking pipes.
- Check the nozzle for any obstructions or clogs. Clear any obstructions. Check the well screen for clogs. Clean the screen and remove any debris.
- Check the house piping for leaks. Replace or repair any leaking pipes.