How to Clean Aprilaire Filters
Aprilaire's dehumidifiers are installed with reusable washable filters. Aprilaire recommends that you clean your dehumidifier's filter at least once annually. Regular cleaning will optimize the dehumidifier's performance level. It will also prevent any damage that may occur from the dehumidifier pulling air through a blocked filter. Aprilaire filters are easy-to-access and remove. Take care when cleaning the filter; if you cause any physical damage, you must replace the filter.
Unplug the dehumidifier.
Open the access panel on the side of the dehumidifier to pull out the filter inside the machine.
Mix 1 tbsp. of mild liquid dishwashing detergent with 1 gallon of warm water. Dip a soft cloth in the solution and use it to wash the filter.
Rinse the filter clean with warm running water.
Allow the filter to air dry completely.
Replace the filter and close the access panel.
Plug the dehumidifier back in.
Based in Houston, Texas, Meg Butler is a professional farmer, house flipper and landscaper. When not busy learning about homes and appliances she's sharing that knowledge. Butler began blogging, editing and writing in 2000. Her work has appered in the "Houston Press" and several other publications. She has an A.A. in journalism and a B.A. in history from New York University.
- How to Reset the Beeping Noise on a Model FAA67P7 Frigidare Air Conditioner
- Miller Central Air Conditioner Troubleshooting
- Replacing the Filter in a Bryant Plus 80 Gas Furnace
- How to Reset a Genie IS550 Unit
- How to Reset a Sears Refrigerator
- How to Remove the Back Filter Cover From a Kenmore Progressive Canister Vacuum Cleaner