How to Clean Aprilaire Filters
Aprilaire's dehumidifiers are installed with reusable washable filters. Aprilaire recommends that you clean your dehumidifier's filter at least once annually. Regular cleaning will optimize the dehumidifier's performance level. It will also prevent any damage that may occur from the dehumidifier pulling air through a blocked filter. Aprilaire filters are easy-to-access and remove. Take care when cleaning the filter; if you cause any physical damage, you must replace the filter.
Unplug the dehumidifier.
Open the access panel on the side of the dehumidifier to pull out the filter inside the machine.
Mix 1 tbsp. of mild liquid dishwashing detergent with 1 gallon of warm water. Dip a soft cloth in the solution and use it to wash the filter.
Rinse the filter clean with warm running water.
Allow the filter to air dry completely.
Replace the filter and close the access panel.
Plug the dehumidifier back in.
Things You Will Need
- Warm water
- Dishwashing liquid
- Soft, lint-free cloth
- How to Remove the Back Filter Cover From a Kenmore Progressive Canister Vacuum Cleaner
- How to Use a Carpet Cleaning Machine
- How to Clean Mold & Mildew From a Spa Cover
- How to Get Perfume Out of Clothes
- How to Remove the Front Cover on a Maytag Atlantis
- How to Set the Upper & Lower Thermostats on Dual Element Water Heaters