Sanding a Cutting Board
- Using a ¼-inch sheet electric sander, sand the entire cutting board thoroughly with 80 grit paper. Be sure to do both sides and cover the board completely.
- Switch to 110 grit paper and repeat the process to eliminate the scratches that the 80 grit paper left behind.
- Use 220 grit to finish the job. As you did before, be sure to do a thorough job and sand both sides of the board.
- Wipe the board down with a clean, damp cloth. When it dries, sand it one more time with the 220 grit paper.
Oiling a Cutting Board
- Apply mineral oil to a soft, clean, lint-free cloth.
- Wipe the oil all over the board, being sure to cover both the front and back thoroughly.
- Allow the board to dry completely.
- Wipe away any excess oil after the board is dry.
Cleaning a Cutting Board
- Wipe away any excess debris from the board with a soft, clean cloth or sponge.
- Wash the board with warm soapy water.
- Rinse the board thoroughly with clean warm water.
- Wipe the cutting board dry with a soft, clean, lint-free cloth.
Things You Will Need
- 1/4 sheet electric sander
- 80, 110, 220 grit sand paper
- Soft clean cloth
- Mineral oil
- Dish soap
- Flip the cutting board periodically so that it gets equal use on both sides.