- Turn the swamp cooler on with the desired fan level.
- Open a single window slightly at the end of the house or building farthest from the swamp cooler.
- Close all other windows in the house or building. This will cause a difference in air pressure that will draw the cooler air from the swamp cooler out through the single open window, cooling the spaces between.
- Close the curtains or blinds on all of the closed windows to prevent solar heating of the structure.
- Use freestanding fans to pull the cooled air into rooms that don't have good natural air circulation.
Things You Will Need
- Working swamp cooler
- Windows that can be opened and closed
- Curtains or blinds
- One or more electric fans (optional)
- Opening a different single window will change the flow of the cooled air in the house.