- Mix equal parts vinegar and water in a spray bottle.
- Spray the tiles thoroughly to saturate them.
- Allow the solution to sit on the tiles for 5 to 10 minutes. This will give the vinegar a chance to eat away at any hard water or soap scum buildup that may be there.
- Use a soft-bristle brush to clean the grout. An old toothbrush or a nylon brush will work just fine. Anything more coarse may scratch and damage the grout.
- Wipe the tiles with a clean soft cloth and rinse them with clear water.
- Dry the tiles with a clean, dry towel to help prevent any water spots or streaks.
Things You Will Need
- White vinegar Spray bottle Toothbrush Clean cloth Towel
- Ammonia is an effective alternative to vinegar. Never use ammonia and bleach at the same time.