- Hose down the deck. Put on the gloves, goggles and face mask. Pour bleach on any dirt or mold and scrub clean with the scrub brush. Rinse with fresh water and allow the deck to dry completely.
- Pour wood stain into a paint tray. Dip the paint roller in the stain and paint the deck with it. Only a light layer of stain is needed. Use the brush to reach hard to reach places. Allow the stain to dry, refer to the product's label for drying times.
- Pour sealant into a painting tray. Dip the paint roller into the sealant. Apply sealant all over the deck. Use the paint brush to put sealant where the roller can't reach, like corners and under railings.
- Allow the sealant to dry completely. Do not walk on the deck while drying. The sealant soaks into the wood and provides protection against water, mold and weather damage.
Things You Will Need
- Water hose with sprayer
- Face mask
- Scrub brush
- Wood stain
- Wood sealant
- Large paint rollers
- Paint trays
- Paint brushs
- Wash, stain and seal the deck during warm, sunny weather for faster drying. Two-in-one tinted sealant products are also available.