Vacuum the moldy area gently with the soft-brush attachment while wearing the face mask. This prevents mold spores that can be dispersed into the air from being inhaled and causing health problems.
Dip the cloth or sponge into the hot, soapy water.
Wring out excess water.
Gently scrub the mold until all of it is removed.
Spray lightly with an antibacterial spray.
Use a fan to dry the surface immediately.
Things You Will Need
- Vacuum with a soft-bristle attachment
- Face mask
- Soft cloth or sponge
- Hot, soapy water
- Antibacterial spray
- Antibacterial spray will kill the mold spores that are too small to see. Spraying lightly will prevent oversaturation and avoid damaging, discoloring and warping the wood panel. Drying the surface immediately following the removal of the mold will encourage the wood to keep its shape instead of warping. After cleaning up the mold, take preventative measures to ensure that the mold will not grow again. Reduce or remove all moist conditions from the room. If removing or reducing the moisture conditions are impossible, set up a fan to circulate the air and blow in a rotating fashion.