How to Remove Mold & Mildew From Boat Surfaces
Spray a heavy layer of Mold-Off liquid on all of the fabric surfaces that are growing mold. The surfaces should be visibly wet. Let this stand overnight.
Fill the bucket with water and wet the cloth. Rub in small circular motions and rinse the cloth whenever it begins to dry out or show the mold. Let this sit to dry.
Spray another layer of Mold-Off on the fabric surfaces. Let this coat air dry. This layer will not be wiped off. It will stay on the surface of the fabric to keep more mold and mildew from growing in the future.
Things You Will Need
- Mold-off biodegradable spray
- Soft cleaning cloth
- 3M Marine Mildew Block Spray is another product - in addition to Mold-Off that works for cleaning mold and mildew off of fabrics.
- Mold-Off spray works best on warm days when the surfaces can be left for a few hours exposed to sunlight.
- Keeping the boat interior dry and clean will help prevent future mold and mildew outbreaks.
- An alternative way to prevent future mold growth, according to the Canvas Country website, is to spray the surface with a 50-50 mix of white vinegar and water.