How to Grade Bed Sheets
Finding the perfect bed sheet set might be a never-ending quest, especially when you are your partner have different tastes. Research sheet varietals before going in to a store to purchase a sheet set. Today, there are an incredible number of options varying from fabric styles to thread counts. You will spend a third of your day lying on these sheets, so pamper yourself. Spending the extra money will go a long way toward your comfort and happiness.
- Go to website of your favorite bedding stores and see what sheet set styles they have to offer. You must determine whether you want cotton, silk or flannel sheets. Sometimes it is best to have different fabrics for different seasons. Flannel can be cozy during the winter season, but too hot for summer nights.
- Choose the fabric style that is most appealing.
- Compare samples within each fabric style. Cotton sheets are graded by thread count, which is the number of threads within a square inch going both horizontally and vertically. The higher the thread count, the softer and more comfortable the sheet. However, a higher thread count also means a higher price tag and a shorter lifespan.
- Decide the exact thread count you are looking for and begin shopping. Threads are ranked at 80 to 1,000. Bed Bath & Beyond recommends a thread count of at least 200. This thread count is considered comfortable and durable.
- Sheet sets can be ordered on the Internet or purchased from a bedding store. Do your homework and find the best price for the sheet set your looking for.