- Measure the height of the chain-link fence.
- Measure the width of the fence.
- Multiply the two numbers together.
- Divide the total number by 250. This will tell you how many gallons of paint you will need to cover the entire chain link fence.
Things You Will Need
- Tape measure
- Chain-link fence paint
- One gallon of chain-link fence paint will cover 250 square feet of fence, front and back. In other words, you do not need a gallon of paint for the front and another gallon for the back.
- The best way to paint a chain-link fence is to work with a partner. Ideally, you should roll the chain link fence paint onto the surface with a roller, while a partner follows behind you, smoothing the areas you've painted with a dry roller. This will allow you to avoid messy runs and drips and will help ensure complete coverage.