- Mix 3 parts liquid bleach with 1 part water in a spray bottle. Spray the mixture evenly on the tiles you want to clean.
- Use a sponge to scrub the bleach mixture into the tiles. If you are cleaning floor tiles as well, use a mop.
- Dump the mixture and pour water into the spray bottle. Spray the water over the tiles and then scrub with the sponge (or mop) again.
- Allow the floors to dry, and then pour 1/2 cup of powdered bleach into a small container. Pour 1/2 cup of water on top of the powder and mix to form a thick paste. Apply this paste to the grout lines in between your tiles using your sponge.
- Let the bleach past sit for several minutes, and then use a scouring sponge to scrub the tiles.
- Use the water-filled spray bottle to spray the tiles, and remove the excess material using your sponge.
Things You Will Need
- Bleach (liquid)
- Bleach (powdered)
- Scouring pad
- Spray bottle
- Do not seal ceramic tile, especially tile in the bathroom. Not only will the seal not last (due to the constant moisture in bathrooms) but sealant can also make the tiles slippery, which can be dangerous.