Lay out the thick towel onto a flat surface.
Place the velour clothing article onto the towel with the stained area facing down onto the towel.
Saturate the fabric with the pretreating solution and leave it on the towel for 10 to 15 minutes.
Blot at the stained area gently after the time elapses to transfer as much of the stain to the towel as possible. Do not rub the fabric briskly because you can damage the plush fibers.
Turn the garment inside out and place it into the washing machine. Add laundry detergent and set the water temperature to a warm, delicate cycle. Start the washing machine.
Remove the garment from the washing machine after the cycle finishes. Check to make sure the stain is gone. If the stain persists, repeat the pretreating and washing process a second time.
Place the item in the dryer with the heat set to low as long as the stain is gone.
Things You Will Need
- Thick towel
- Stain pretreating solution
- Laundry detergent
- Laundering bag (optional)
- Fabric softener (optional)
- Wash a velour garment in a laundering bag for delicate items to protect it from agitation.
- Adding fabric softener to the washing machine can reduce the amount of lint that appears on the velour fabric as you wash it.
- If the manufacturer recommends dry cleaning your velour garment, note the stain to the dry cleaner when you take the garment in for cleaning. Dry clean the garment as soon as possible after the stain occurs.