- Drape the string of mini lights across the top of a bookshelf, thick frame, dresser or mirror if you want to be able to remove the lights quickly without leaving behind any damage. Draping the lights across the top of a larger piece will highlight that piece.
- Wrap the light string around the bed posts, a tree, curtain rod or coat rack. Use a small piece of tape at the highest point to keep the string of lights in place on a vertical piece.
- Use small hooks, tacks, nails or tape to hold the string of lights in place on a wall or other flat surface. Avoid driving a tack or nail through the wires, as that creates a fire hazard. Hang the lights over the bed or use it to outline a shelf, window, the headboard or any other part of the room you want to highlight. Hang the lights in a pattern, such as spelling out a name or making a heart shape, if you want something more personal.
Things You Will Need
- Tape, hooks or tacks
- LED lights stay cooler and are more energy efficient than traditional holiday lights.
- Battery-operated lights can be hung or displayed anywhere in the room without having to consider electrical outlets.