- Mark the location on the ceiling with a pencil where the item is to be hung. If the item has a bracket, hold it up to the ceiling and mark the ceiling where the holes are.
- Install a drill bit into the chuck at the end of a drill. Size the drill bit to the anchors you are using. The hole should not be bigger than the anchor.
- Hold the drill at a 90 degree angle to the ceiling on the mark. Hold the trigger part of the drill in your dominant hand and place your other hand under the end of the drill just behind the chuck.
- Pull the trigger and guide the drill straight into the ceiling on the mark. Drill the hole deep enough for the entire length of the drywall anchor.
- Insert the drywall anchor into the hole and tap it gently with a hammer to make it flush with the surface of the ceiling.
- Secure the item's bracket with the screws that came with it or with 1 1/2-inch machine screws. Use an electric drill with a driver bit installed to secure the screws. Hang the item on its bracket per the instructions that came with it. If the item does not have a bracket, insert the machine screws through the item and into the anchor.
How to Hang Stuff From a Ceiling
When hanging items from the ceiling, you must ensure the item is secure. The force of the item's weight can easily cause it to pull out of the ceiling, possibly causing harm. Drywall anchors are used to secure objects to a ceiling and provide a more stable installation. Hanging stuff from the ceiling is accomplished safely in just a few minutes.